Sunday 27 March 2011

General (County) update - 27th March 2011

  • I sit here typing, only a few hours after we've entered BST-  at last!
  • I know waxwings are still around (but all a bit urgent at present - with a late move back to Scandanavia overdue now).
  • I am still hearing the odd Redwing overhead at night - heading back to Scandanavia also - always at night.
  • I have been lucky enough to find a greenfinch nest near work - these birds always hide their nests quite well... I located it by watching the urgency with which a pair flew - and then followed them around. The nest is hidden in a very thick patch of ivy on a riverside (Thames) tree in an office car park.
  • All the local birds seem very "urgent" at present. The breeding season has well and truly kicked off.
  • Finally the great bank of daffodils outside our house have flowered -after our garden daffodils have ben out for almost two weeks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment