Sunday 27 March 2011

Swift Half update - 27th March 2011

  • As its the first day of summer (unofficially anyway) I thought I'd double-post today, as its been another glorious day in the south of England (rain and wind I hear from midweek on...)
  • I have a feeling a lot of the "firsts" below happened during the last sunny, warm week, but as I was locked in the office, smashing ma heid against walls, I saw none of the below, until today.
  • First bee flies in the garden this year.
  • First tree bumblebees in the garden this year (entering our shed - maybe they'll nest there?!)
  • First brimstone butterfly "".
  • First queen wasp """.
  • First small white butterfly.
  • First red mason bees "".
  • First of my favourites - the blue mason bees ""! (click photo twice to enlarge) Two weeks earlier than last year...
  • First red-tailed bumblebee "".
  • First real show of the black ants"".
  • First real show of mining bees and hoverflies "".
  • First ever yellow dung flies in garden (on the girls droppings).
  • Woodpigeons nesting in front garden.
  • A super, lazy, warm, first day of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment