Tuesday 30 November 2010

Swift Half update - 30th November 2010

  • The bitter weather continues, with a bone-chilling nor-easterly and a dusting of the white hell today.
  • Cutlery update - I got home from work and this afternoon is the first time I've seen her standing in over two days! She looks very sad, is very smelly, but her feet aren't scrunched up anymore. Maybe Mr.T perked her up at lunch (Mr.T is my neighbour remember, who came 'round kindly during his lunch break to top up the hens frozen waterpots) or maybe the antibiotics are finally kicking in. Well.... I'm not holding ma breath - but it is nice to see Cutters standing up of her own accord!
  • Conker, Couven and Trouble update - I kept the other three separated again all day and let them out at half three. Couven has most certainly backed down for good now and there were only a couple of half-hearted pecks to the back of her neck from Trouble just to remind her. Couvs is "well wary" of Trouble!
  • I'm so happy with the hens reactions to each other today, I'll NOT separate them tomorrow and see what happens. I'll pop food and water at each end of the 12' run - so Couven gets enough sustenance - but apart from that - all I'll do is open up the coop foor at 6:30am and let them to get on with things. Fingers crossed!
  • Once again on retiring tonight, Couven went to bed first, then went the darling Conker (who once again ousted poor Couvs from her bed (Couvs went to sleep in the other bed instead)) and once again I had to walk Trouble up the ramp to the coop - she still hasn't worked out where her bed is yet. I hope by letting them come out of the coop tomorrow morning of their own accord, they'll (including Trouble) find their way back in come dusk, nay bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment