Wednesday 23 June 2010

Swift half news - 23rd June 2010

  • As the heatwave continues (33c by saturday) I'm getting very concerned about the fact that I can only see one (the larger of the two) swiftlets in the nest. Has the smaller one died in the heat. Has it found its way to the sparrows nest via the entrance tunnel? Is it just sitting nearer the entrance, out of shot of my webcam?
  • Its been a day now since I've seen both chicks, and last night was the first night that I've seen the one chick sitting on top of one adult at night - the other adult (and other chick) was either out of shot or out of the nest.
  • Please let me know if you see both chicks!

EDIT - 21:40 - I can confirm that BOTH chicks are still in the nest - just witnessed them both being fed! Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment