Sunday 23 May 2010

Swift half news - 23rd May 2010

  • Bit worried about one of our swift eggs (as I type this its at the back of the roof space - separated from the other two eggs). Swifts are known for kicking eggs out of nests though, so no need to be too concerned yet...
  • First hobby (falcon) seen from the garden this afternoon - the only bird to predate swifts...
  • SEVENTEEN of my bee holes have been fully bricked up by my mason bees now - ready to hatch next spring - I'm really happy about that!
  • Wasp beetle on the washing this afternoon, in the hot sun (its been a scorcher of a weekend!)
  • Catches in the moth trap remain pretty patchy - a "Treble lines (moth)" last night, two "shuttle-shaped darts" (moths), three Mayflies (don't ask me!?) and one flying ant!

No comments:

Post a Comment