Thursday 14 October 2010

British Wildlife Photography Awards 2010 - news

  • Last night, Anna and I had the great pleasure of being invited to the annual British Wildlife Photography Awards (2010) after being told that my photograph of a cabbage white butterfly would be used for the book and touring exhibition.
  • Well, it was a hot affair, a tiny gallery, but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Nick Baker, the compere was kind enough to mention my photo at length during his spiel - pretty decent, considering I wasn't strictly a winner! Richard Benyon turned up late, after ditching his ministerial car and getting the tube like everyone else.
  • Anna and I were very lucky to bump into Maggie Gowan (the organiser of the event) and Nick baker again outside a local pub, after the exhibition - and also Brian Goddard and his wife - whose photo (Brian's photo at the awards ceremony) Anna had specifically singled out as being one of her photos. Seemed like Brian and I agreed on a lot of photography-related views - I do urge you to check out his excellent site.
  • This morning, a few people called or texted me to tell me that my name and photo were printed in the national metro newspaper - page 34 if you picked one up today! If not, you can always read about it at the link below (although my photo isn't on the online page).
Capturing Britain’s wild side in photos Metro.co.uk

  • Anna and I don't go to London much these days, for a night out or a drink, so even in the middle of the week, it was a lovely change to the norm and a real privilege to be invited to the exhibition. Thanks Maggie.
  • Anna and I also had time to talk about our future plans, where we'd like to be, what we might like to do - where we should concentrate our efforts. This involves me primarily and where I would like to take my photography etc...
  • I have an announcement to make in a few days on this subject - big changes are ahead for me as so far as flickr is concerned, blogging is concerned and my photography is concerned. I'm working on those subjects now - news soon.
  • 2 comments:

    1. great to see ye enjoyed yourselves. I actually thought of you last evening and wondered how you were getting on. Congrats again.

      ReplyDelete