Friday 8 October 2010

British Wildlife Photography Awards 2010 - NEWS

CABBAGE WHITE - BWPA ACKNOWLEDGED.

  • Just a little post to tell anyone interested that like last year, when I was highly commended for my photo of a "Feather-footed flower bee", this year, although no "high commendation", my photo above of a male cabbage white butterfly peering into my old camera's lens - has been acknowledged and added to this years BWPA book and touring exhibition!
  • The coffee-table book is an absolute joy to flick through and I feel very humbled indeed to have my shot sit alongside many professional photographers images.

  • BWPA COLLECTION 1

  • In order to see my photo in the flesh (so to speak) you'll have to buy the book from Amazon or from the BWPA site itself, or visit one of the exhibitions near you.

  • I'M A CENTREFOLD!

  • Thanks to all at BWPA for running this annual, national competition - its such a pleasure to see photographs winning wildlife competitions that are shot here, and depict common or garden animals, rather than the big cats of Africa or penguins of the Antarctic etc...
  • Anna and I have been invited and will be going to the annual awards ceremony and private viewing in London next week - I'd best brush me hair!

4 comments:

  1. What can I say? From a fuzzy camera on your phone to this in only a couple of years! You must be proper proud of yourself (you should be). Well done mate. You totally deserve it! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete