Saturday 13 November 2010

General (County) update - 13th November 2010

  • I have had word that my favourite ducks of all (wigeon) are arriving at our local gravel pits in numbers now (150 yesterday) so I'll try and make time to see them over the next month...
  • I also will try and get my new floating hide up and ready, to make use of our winter wildfowl - I have some specific shots in mind.
  • Waxwings have been reported a few miles away all week. Now if I was a twitcher, or even a birdwatcher proper, I'd have been over to see them by now (I've not seen a waxwing before). I class myself as neither a birdwatcher nor a twitcher and have been busy with chickens, cats and coal tits at home!
  • I'll also try and make time to have a quick walk on the ridgeway - to see the hares and short-eared owls (which must be back there by now). May go before dawn tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment