Sunday 10 October 2010

Swift Half update - 10th October 2010

  • A beautiful balmy autumnal afternoon today -clear blue skies and light easterlies - made up for my disappointing dawn fungi foray this morning, when I couldn't even find a parking spot for my little car in the middle of nowhere! The half dozen or so parking spots in the huge wood that I love so much, about an hour away, were ALL taken at dawn, by those pesky fungi feevs.
  • Nice to see the kites above the garden enjoying the sun and wind - and the sparrowhawks - must have seen both hawks (the female and male) about half a dozen times today.
  • Also VERY nice to see the male woodpecker is back on my patented woodpecker attractor, after his busy season producing young and a gap of a couple of months (at least) from the garden...

No comments:

Post a Comment