Monday 20 September 2010

General (County) update - 20th September 2010

  • This morning, at around 7am I watched a mink bound up the towpath at lock island, Caversham.
  • I hadn't had such a good view of a mink for over twenty years, when a pal of mine and myself, watched a mink hunting in the GUC near Tring.
  • I know there are lots of mink in the area (and on the Kennet), but this was a mighty fine view.
  • Otter news also - I was privy (in a professional capacity) to watch a video of an otter in a culvert, filmed a few days ago in the southeast of England (I'm not allowed to state exactly where, but lets just say its a stone throw away from a very residential area).
  • So I know we have at least one (probably more) otter in lower stretches of the river near me (many more in the upper stretches) and at least one in another famous river (not the Thames) in the southeast of England. Its true what they say you know - otters are to be found in every county in England again these days - great stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment