Tuesday 25 May 2010

Swift half news - 25th May 2010

  • The female swift is certainly only incubating two (out of three) eggs now - the third has been unceremoniously pushed to the back of the nest space and left for two days now - but thats ok I guess - two swiftlets will be easier to raise than a trio, eh?
  • The moth trap is catching a few more moths now - with "The Coronet" moth being the latest newcomer to the garden. I'll leave the trap for a while now, as we're already 10c colder than the weekend, with a good breeze to boot.
  • A few starlings fledged yesterday, but the rest of the local starlings did today - what a commotion when I got home from work! Maybe a dozen juvenile fledglings and a dozen or so adults making a constant racket!
  • I found a large ichneumon wasp investigating the bee post today - so I took her photo.

ICHNEUMON

No comments:

Post a Comment