Friday 14 May 2010

Swift half news - 14th May 2010

  • Carnage in the garden this afternoon as finally Malu (our male kitten, who is now off his uveitus drugs at least temporarily) raided the blackbird nest in the honeysuckle, killing three of the four hatchlings. The fourth I put back (I have no idea why to be honest) and as I type this, the hen is back on the nest, with the sole surviving chick underneath her. I give it zero chance still...
    THE DOWNSIDE...
  • Another buzzard overhead - mobbed by two omnipresent crows.
  • Couven & Cutlery (our two hens) decide to make their new dust bath in the kittens latrine - we are a little disgusted by that (and will have to watch for parasite transfer I suppose) but hey ho, there you go.
  • Still no swift eggs or damselflies in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment