Tuesday 27 April 2010

Swift half news - 27th April 2010



  • Day 4 of occupation of our roof by the lone swift and..... I think he's found a mate!

  • This evening I watched two swifts courting (well... not fight anyway) in the skies above the house and as I type, one has gone in and I think (she?) is starting to arrange the grass strands in the space - mixed in with a little swift saliva.

  • I think (she?) looks sleeker and prettier than (him?) also -but I may be wrong here.

  • Anyhoo - there are definitely two swifts interested in the space now, and if I was a gambling man, I'd put money on the female now occupying the space.

  • I'm recording constantly now (its tea-time for me and my mate) so I'll see soon enough if I was right I guess...

  • Other news - Malu caught a holly blue butterfly today and I wrestled it off him before he could eat that too...

  • Another queen tree bumblebee in honeysuckle this afternoon also.

  • Full moon tonight -sometimes known as the egg moon or seed moon or growing moon in the UK in April...

No comments:

Post a Comment